I’m super excited to be sharing this money story with you!
Tomi and I met while I was looking for contributors for a finance blog I helped to coordinate a little while back. We connected over mutual friends and is really a kind, gentle soul. He was gracious enough to share his story of how he started gambling at 17, was homeless because of his addiction, and how the kindness of a stranger helped him out of that situation.
I’m happy to say he’s debt free and working towards a hopeful future. I encourage you to listen to the story, and share it with anyone who might have a gambling addiction, or to simply help us spread the mission of removing the stigma surrounding money.
Tomi’s Gambling Addiction – A Cautionary Tale
- How being tall was one of the factors that fueled his gambling addiction
- Where he started gambling at the young age of 17
- How winning consistently gave him false hope of earning a living from the slots
- His eventual downfall, including getting into debt and becoming homeless as a result of his addiction
- How his boss and the kindness of a stranger helped him to turn his life around
- Tomi’s hope for the future and what he wants others to learn from his story
Like this? Help us spread the word on Twitter!Tomi started gambling at 17 and overcame his addiction. Find out how: http://wp.me/p7fMRq-36 @sarahlicainClick To Tweet
If you have a money story to share, please click here to get the conversation started. I truly believe that it’s the power of stories that connects us. Your story is IMPORTANT, please remember that! You never know if someone is going through what you have and could really find some encouragement in what you’ve experienced. I know my cautionary tale is not as uncommon as I thought, and it pains me to know that there are so many out there who have lost money because of bad relationships.
Or if you have a money related question for me, please click here to ask me a question. Who knows, your question could be featured in a video on a screen near you!