I’m so excited about today’s post!
When I reached out to others about my mission to share money stories to help remove the stigma/shame around money, I was blown away by the positive response. So much so that I’ve gotten many messages from people willing to share stories!
The first from the “Your Money Story” series is from a lovely lady, Monica Louie who blogs over at Our Debt Free Family. She reveals what she learned growing up about credit cards, how she fell into a deep depression over her credit card debt, and her hopeful future:
The key to a happy financial future is owning your money story. There is no shame in your financial decision. It is simply a series of decisions you made based on your knowledge at the time. That’s all.
Listen to Monica’s story to hear about:
- What it was like growing up and what she learned about money
- What happened when she went into college
- How she got a credit card so easily and fell into debt
- What happened when she graduated and was forced to use her credit card for daily expenses
- The moments when Monica fell into a deep depression over her credit card debt
- How she paid off the debt and her goals moving forward
As always, thank you for taking the time to read or watch videos on this blog. If you have a story to share, I’d love to hear it! Also, feel free to hit me up on the podcast at Beyond The Dollar, where we share really deep and honest conversations like these. Some of these stories are doozies, including my rock bottom story, and a woman who feels guilt and shame over having a trust fund. Click here to check it out and let me know what you think 🙂
Being Rich is NOT About Sticking to a Budget.
It all starts with your mindset. Grab the FREE course to rebuild your relationship with money.