The lovely Lauren opened up about her former spending addiction and how she managed to rack up $40,000 worth of consumer debt (she outlines it in much more detail in her book, “The Recovering Spender”). She opened up about her stint working for a network marketing company and getting into debt, thinking that she was actually successful (it was a doozy!).
Find out what happened after she fessed up to her husband about the debt. She talks about how she wanted to give up when her husband was at risk at losing his job.
Other topics we discuss include:
- The network marketing company Lauren was part of that led her to all that debt
- The embarrassing moments that led to her rock bottom
- How she fessed up to her husband and getting them started on their road to recovery
- Some bumps they’ve experienced along the way
- How they finally got out of $40,000 of consumer debt and what it really affords them
- Lauren’s advice for those who are in debt and are too scared to see a way out
Like the story? Go ahead and share it on Twitter!Budgeting is like learning to ride a bicycle. If you get off, get back on and try again @laurengreutman @sarahlicain #recoveringspenderClick To Tweet
I’m not kidding when I say it’s an amazing book. At the very least, go check it out and read the description of it 🙂
If you like stories like these, feel free to check out my new podcast Beyond The Dollar. It’s a place where my co-host and I have deep and honest conversations about how money affects our well-being. In it, we share a lot of stories and situations that have helped is. Click here to check it out and let me know what you think 🙂